University of Michigan
Referring to themselves formally as “Partners in Excellence,” Dow and the University of Michigan have a long and productive history of collaboration.
- Computer Modeling of Two-Phase Systems
- Fluorination Chemistry
- Computer Modeling of Solute-Solvent Interactions
- High Throughput Computing
Dr. Bob Maughon, R&D Vice President, Performance Plastics and Feedstocks, The Dow Chemical Company
Did You Know?
The Dow Sustainability Fellows Program at the University of Michigan supports full-time graduate students and postdoctoral scholars at the university who are committed to finding interdisciplinary, actionable, and meaningful sustainability solutions on local-to-global scales. The program aspires to prepare future sustainability leaders to make a positive difference in organizations worldwide.
News and Highlights
- Preparing Future Sustainability Leaders to Make a Positive Difference in Organizations Worldwide
- Dow Chemical & U-M Partner on Habitat for Humanity Neighborhood Revitalization Project
- Dow & University of Michigan Habitat for Humanity Build
- Dow Chemical, University of Michigan to launch program to develop sustainability leaders
- University of Michigan launches new sustainability fellowship with $10M gift from Dow Chemical
- UM Grad Students Win Dow Awards To Pursue Sustainability Technology
- U-M researchers receive share of $250 million from Dow Chemical Co.
Dow and the University of Michigan have collaborated for many decades to publish in leading scientific journals. Recent publications include:
- Jha, PK; Larson, RG. 2014. Assessing the efficiency of polymeric excipients by atomistic molecular dynamics simulations. MOLECULAR PHARMACEUTICS 11, 5, 1676-1686.
- Ye, YD; Schimler, SD; Hanley, PS; Sanford, MS. 2013. Cu(OTf)(2)-Mediated fluorination of aryltrifluoroborates with potassium fluoride. JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY 135, 44, 16292-16295.
- Thomas, RS; Philbert, MA; Auerbach, SS; Wetmore, BA; Devito, MJ; Cote, I; Rowlands, JC; Whelan, MP; Hays, SM; Andersen, ME; Meek, ME; Reiter, LW; Lambert, JC; Clewell, HJ; Stephens, ML; Zhao, QJ; Wesselkamper, SC; Flowers, L; Carney, EW; Pastoor, TP; Petersen, DD; Yauk, CL; Nong, A. 2013. Incorporating new technologies into toxicity testing and risk assessment: Moving from 21st century vision to a data-driven framework. TOXICOLOGICAL SCIENCES 136, 1, 4-18.
- Yusuf, S; Krahenbuhl, M; Haskins, B; Hartman, M. 2013. Improving neutron activation analysis accuracy for the measurement of gold in the characterization of heterogeneous catalysts using a TRIGA reactor. JOURNAL OF RADIOANALYTICAL AND NUCLEAR CHEMISTRY 296, 1, 23-26.
- Ye, YD; Sanford, MS. 2013. Mild copper-mediated fluorination of aryl stannanes and aryl trifluoroborates. JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY 135, 12, 4648-4651.
- Shaw, CM; Zhang, X; San Miguel, L; Matzger, AJ; Martin, DC. 2013. Synthesis and structure of alpha-substituted pentathienoacenes. JOURNAL OF MATERIALS CHEMISTRY C 1, 23, 3686-3694.
- Jin, L; Wang, T; Feng, ZQ; Leach, MK; Wu, JH; Mo, SJ; Jiang, Q. 2013. A facile approach for the fabrication of core-shell PEDOT nanofiber mats with superior mechanical properties and biocompatibility. JOURNAL OF MATERIALS CHEMISTRY B 1, 13, 1818-1825.
- Wang, T; Feng, ZQ; Leach, MK; Wu, JH; Jiang, Q. 2013. Nanoporous fibers of type-I collagen coated poly(L-lactic acid) for enhancing primary hepatocyte growth and function. JOURNAL OF MATERIALS CHEMISTRY B 1, 3, 339-346.