California Institute of Technology
Despite its small size, 33 alumni and faculty from the California Institute of Technology (Caltech) have won a total of 34 Nobel Prizes, and 71 have won the U.S. National Medal of Science or Technology award.
- Earth Abundant Photovoltaic Materials
- Higher Efficiency Photovoltaics
- Inorganic Materials
- Improved Fundamental Understanding of Catalysis
Dr. A.N. Sreeram, Corporate Vice President, Research & Development, The Dow Chemical Company.
Did You Know?
Caltech’s Dr. Jacqueline Barton is one of Dow’s longest-serving directors. She currently serves the Dow board as chair of the Environment, Health, Safety and Technology Committee. At Caltech, Dr. Barton is the Arthur and Marian Hanisch Memorial Professor of Chemistry, and also serves as the division chair of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering. Over her thirty-year career, she has been recognized with many prestigious honors, including the 2015 Priestley Medal, which is the highest honor bestowed by the American Chemical Society.
News and Highlights
- Caltech and Dow Chemical Team Up in Solar Materials Effort
- $10 Million Gift Creates Partnership to Fuel Fundamental Research
Dow and Caltech have collaborated for many decades to publish in leading scientific journals. Recent publications include:
- Narang, P; Chen, SY; Coronel, NC; Gul, S; Yano, J; Wang, LW; Lewis, NS; Atwater, HA. 2014. Bandgap tunability in Zn(Sn,Ge)N-2 semiconductor alloys. ADVANCED MATERIALS 26, 8, 1235-1241.
- Onofrio, N; Venturini, GN; Strachan, A. 2013. Molecular dynamic simulation of tip-polymer interaction in tapping-mode atomic force microscopy.JOURNAL OF APPLIED PHYSICS 114, 9.
- Suseno, S; Agapie, T. 2013. Intramolecular arene C-H to C-P functionalization mediated by nickel(II) and palladium(II). ORGANOMETALLICS 32, 11, 3161-3164.
- Xu, XF; Cristancho, DE; Costeux, S; Wang, ZG. 2013. Discontinuous bubble nucleation due to a metastable condensation transition in polymer-CO2 mixtures. JOURNAL OF PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY LETTERS 4, 10, 1639-1643.
- Radlauer, MR; Buckley, AK; Henling, LM; Agapie, T. 2013. Bimetallic coordination insertion polymerization of unprotected polar monomers: Copolymerization of amino olefins and ethylene by dinickel bisphenoxyiminato catalysts. JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY 135, 10, 3784-3787.
- Xu, XF; Cristancho, DE; Costeux, S; Wang, ZG. 2013. Bubble nucleation in polymer-CO2 mixtures. SOFT MATTER 9, 40, 9675-9683.