POLYOX™ water-soluble Poly(ethylene) Oxide polymers are non-ionic, high molecular weight water-soluble Polyethylene Oxide polymers that exhibit many properties typical of other classes of water-soluble polymers - lubricity, binding, water retention, thickening and film formation. They are available in a wide range of molecular weights, enabling formulations designed for individual specifications.
- Oral osmotic delivery systems
- Controlled/modified release solid dose matrix systems
- Abuse deterrence
- Gastroretentive formulation systems
- Mucosal bioadhesives
- Transdermal drug delivery systems
- Can solubilize / disperse in wide variety of components
- Wide range of molecular weights to tune formulation to achieve desired performance allowing for formulation flexibility
- Tasteless, colorless, nonionic, and non caloric
- Can blend with many other ingredients, with the exception of molecules with a secondary amine and reducing sugars.