A food and pharmaceutical grade product which meets the requirements of the Food Chemicals Codex and U.S. Pharmacopeia XXII. It is a partially neutralized salt of EDTA, in dry form, and is suitable for direct food applications. It is well suited for applications calling for neutral pH or mildly acidic conditions. The principal function of this chelating agent is to chemically bind and render inactive those trace metals having an adverse impact on the color, flavor, clarity and shelf life of final products.
- Cleaning products
- Food and beverage
- Indirect food contact
- Oilfield applications
- Pulp and paper
- Scale removal and prevention
- Water treatment
- EDTA chelating agents are the workhorses of our chelating agent line
- Available in diammonium, tetraammonium, disodium, and acid forms
- Physical forms include liquids, and crystal forms
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- Chelant Value (mg CaCO3/g) Yes No 276
- pH (1 wt% aqueous solution) Yes No 4.3 to 4.7
- Regulatory Approvals Yes No Food Additive, Excipient, USP, FCC
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.