UNIVAL™ DMDC-6150 NT 7 High Density Polyethylene Resin
This product is a polymer with broad molecular weight distribution and high molecular weight. This product provides an excellent combination of extrudability and parison stability, which contribute to uniform wall thickness in large parts. This product is ideal for blow molding containers such as the 5-55 gallon (19-212 liter) closed head shipping containers and other similar parts. The broad distribution also provides outstanding environmental stress crack resistance (ESCR) at a good rigidity. Because of these characteristics, a wide variety of products, such as industrial chemicals, latex paints, printing inks, foodstuffs, adhesives, and other chemical specialties may be packaged in containers produced from this resin. The smooth surface of molded parts is readily treated and printed for high quality applications. Main Characteristics: - Excellent environmental stress crack resistance - Excellent parison melt strength/low sag - Good extrudability/processability - Good rigidity
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- 2% Secant Modulus, MD (ASTM D882) in MPa (psi) 1170 (170000)
- 2% Secant Modulus, TD (ASTM D882) in MPa (psi) 1170 (170000)
- Anti-block false
- Brittleness Temperature in °C(°F) < -90
- Density (ASTM D792) 0.954 g/cm3
- ESCR-Environmental Stress Crack Resistance (100% IGEPAL) > 1000 hr
- Impact Strength in MPa (psi) 378 kJ/m2 (180 ft lb/in2)
- Melt Index (g/10min @190°C/21.6 kg) 5.3 g/10minutes(190°C/21.6 kg)
- Slip false
- Tensile Elongation at Break, MD 800 %
- Tensile Elongation at Break, TD 800 %
- Tensile Strength Break, MD (ASTM D638) in MPa (psi) 31 (4500)
- Tensile Strength Break, TD (ASTM D638) in MPa (psi) 31 (4500)
- Tensile Strength Yield, MD (ASTM D638) in MPa (psi) 26.2 (3800)
- Tensile Strength Yield, TD (ASTM D638) in MPa (psi) 26.2 (3800)
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.