TERGITOL™ L-81 Surfactant
It is a viscous liquid at room temperature. Low foam characteristics and inverse water solubility make it an excellent foam control agent. It is used in fermentation of lactic and citric acids and some alcohols, food processing, and metal working products, including degreasing chemicals and cutting oils. It can be used as a chemical intermediate. Other applications include rinse aids and other industrial and institutional cleaning applications.
- Paint and coatings
- Pulp and paper
- Other industrial applications
- Flexible properties for defoaming, wetting and emulsifying
- A range of solubility levels which provide excellent solvency
- Low foam characteristics
- Thermal and chemical stability
- Environmentally friendly biodegradable surfactants which meet the European Surfactants Detergent Regulation requirements
- Provides excellent foam control
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- % Actives Yes No 90-100
- Biodegradable Materials Yes No true
- Cloud Point Yes No 20
- CMC/Surface Tension Yes No -/36
- Foam Height Yes No Dispersible
- HLB Yes No 2
- Pour Point Yes No -20
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.