SURLYN™ 1601 Ionomer
A sodium ionomer typically used as a blown film sealant.
- Meat and Cheese
- Very High Hot Tack
- Low Seal Initiation Temperature
- High Oil Barrier
- High Toughness at Low Temperature
- Very High Abrasion Resistance
- High Flex Crack Resistance
- High Stiffness
- Very High Clarity
Known for its outstanding clarity, toughness, abrasion resistance, and ability to downgauge, SURLYN™ Ionomer Resin is a reliable, cost-effective solution for a range of applications, including processed meat packaging, medical device forming webs, crystal clear fragrance caps, pouches, sachets, and other high performance films.
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- Density (ASTM D792) 0.94 g/cm3
- Melt Index (g/10min @190°C/21.6 kg) 1.3
- Melting Point in °C(°F) 98°C (208.4°F) - ASTM D3417
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.