SILASTIC™ MS-4022 Moldable Silicone Kit
Optically clear, medium viscosity, high Shore A hardness, two-part, 1:1 ratio, fast curing optical molding resin for producing optical parts with good resistance to environmental aging – Moldable Optical Silicone.
- Injection or compression molding
- Primary or secondary lenses
- Light pipes
- Light guides
- Other optic devices
- High thermal stability
- Better heat resistance and less yellowing than plastic
- Opportunity for reduced cycle time due to reduction in scorch time
- Meets UL-746C-f1/UL-94 certifications for outdoor applications
- Complements the existing SILASTIC™ MS-10XX Moldable Silicones
This award winning moldable optical silicone is an optically clear, medium viscosity, high Shore A hardness, fast curing molding resin for producing optical parts with good resistance to environmental aging. It has a smooth, low-tack, plastic-like surface and enables the molding of complex, finely detailed optical parts and secondary lenses. SILASTIC™ MS-4022 Moldable SIlicone remains relatively soft after injection molding, with high elongation capability for easy demolding of complicated parts, such as those designed with a combination of thick and thin areas (e.g., lens clusters). After demolding and post-curing, it reaches its final mechanical properties and produces hard and tough optical parts. It shows enhanced stability of optical performance upon high heat, high humidity and UV exposures, meeting the most demanding requirements for outdoor lighting applications.
Imagine a brighter future
Dow creates proven, high-performance silicon-based materials that help you create next-generation lighting. We offer today’s LED industry unmatched experience and know-how for LED lamp and luminaire assembly. Dow lighting experts work alongside your team to test designs, recommend modifications and provide total solutions to your challenges. Our partnership network of molding and optical experts helps our customers develop the best solutions.
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- Color Clear, Colorless
- Durometer - Shore A 85 Shore A
- Elongation 52 %
- Linear CTE 245 um/m/Deg C
- Number of Parts Two
- Specific Heat 1.36 J/Kg.K
- Tensile Strength 1600 psi
- Viscosity 19000 mPa.s
- Viscosity (Part A) 46000 mPa.s
- Viscosity (Part B) 16000 mPa.s
- Viscosity - Part A 46 Pa.s
- Viscosity - Part B 16 Pa.s
- Volume Resistivity 1.00E+16 ohm-centimeters
- Working Time in hrs at 25 Deg C 48
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.