SILASTIC™ MS-1002 Moldable Silicone A&B Kit
- Injection or compression molding for primary or secondary lenses, light pipes, light guides and other optic devices
This award-winning moldable silicone provides excellent properties and secondary optics solutions for LED lamp/luminaire applications. Its curing speed is optimized for the injection molding process of silicone rubber, enabling production of plastic-like, smooth surface optics with comparatively high hardness and low surface friction. Its high light transmittance with low attenuation coefficient – combined with high Abbe number – enables lighting companies to design optics for luminaires with high lumen efficiency. High thermal stability ensures the retaining of high transparency – even in harsh environments.
IMAGINE a Brighter Future
Dow creates proven, high-performance silicon-based materials that help you create next-generation lighting. We offer today’s LED industry unmatched experience and know-how for LED lamp and luminaire assembly. Dow lighting experts work alongside your team to test designs, recommend modifications and provide total solutions to your challenges. Our partnership network of molding and optical experts helps our customers develop the best solutions.
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- Color Clear, Colorless
- Dielectric Strength 475 volts per mil v/mil
- Durometer - Shore A 74 Shore A
- Elongation 80 %
- Linear CTE 275 um/m/Deg C
- Mixing Viscosity 26250 Centipoise
- Number of Parts Two
- Specific Gravity 1.07 kg/l
- Specific Heat 1.37 J/Kg.K
- Tensile Strength 1625 psi
- Viscosity (Part A) 40000 mPa.s
- Viscosity (Part B) 17900 mPa.s
- Viscosity - Part A 40 Pa.s
- Viscosity - Part B 17.9 Pa.s
- Volume Resistivity 1.00E+18 ohm-centimeters
- Working Time 2880 Minutes
- Working Time in hrs at 25 Deg C 48
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.