SILASTIC™ LTC 9400 Acceleration Additive
A platinum catalyst formulation, specifically developed to customize curing speed of SILASTIC™ LTC 9400 series Liquid Silicone Rubbers.
- Molding of thick-walled articles
- Over-molding of sensitive components
- Co-molding of low melting plastics
- Food contact applications
- Further accelerates curing speed, and reduces curing onset temperature of SILASTIC™ LTC 9400 series Liquid Silicone Rubber
- Allows to customize curing profile for optimum process cycle times
- Reduces sensitivity to temperature gradients in injection molding
- Food contact: Formulated to meet requirements of BfR XV recommendation and of FDA 21 CFR 177.2600
Customizing the cure speed of low-temperature curing liquid silicone rubbers
How can we further increase the design freedom provided by SILASTIC™ LTC 9400 series Liquid Silicone Rubbers (LSRs)? One way is to customize your curing speed using our specialized additive: SILASTIC™ LTC 9400 Acceleration Additive.
This additive is a platinum catalyst formulation, specifically developed to customize curing speed of SILASTIC™ LTC 9400 series LSRS, rubbers which expand design freedom and process efficiency for automotive components and consumer goods through the feature of low-temperature curing.
Addition of SILASTIC™ LTC 9400 Acceleration Additive to SILASTIC™ LTC 9400 series LSRs can lead to:
Special additive for cure-rate acceleration
SILASTIC™ LTC 9400 Acceleration Additive can be used to increase the elastomer cure rate. Specifically developed for these LSRs, the acceleration additive can be used at loadings up to 3% by weight of the uncured elastomer mixture (Part A and Part B). The cure profile can be adapted to specific reactivity requirements, and process cycle times can be optimized across a broad cure-temperature range.
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- Color Translucent
- Mixing Viscosity 11 Centipoise
- Mixing Viscosity in Pas-sec 11
- Specific Gravity .97
- Viscosity 11 mPa.s
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.