RHOPLEX™ WL-81 Emulsion
An acrylic copolymer specifically designed for the formulation of clear and pigmented ambient or forced-air-dry industrial lacquers. Coating systems based on this polymer are suitable for use on a variety of substrates and offer a number of key benefits currently provided by solvent-borne industrial lacquers.
- General Industrial Finishes for wood, metal and plastic
- DIY clear varnishes for wood
- DIY lacquers for metal
- Lacquer-like fast drying and rapid hardness development
- Excellent spray, dip coat and flow coat characteristics
- Excellent early water resistance
- Good exterior durability
- Excellent block and print resistance
- Good corrosion protection over ferrous metals
- Excellent humidity resistance
- Excellent water whitening resistance
- High gloss and image clarity
- Adhesion to substrates such as wood, metals (e.g., steel, aluminum) and some plastics
- Good chemical and solvent resistance in a one-component coating
- Self-thickening, sometimes eliminating the need for additional rheology modifiers
- Compatibility with water-reducible epoxy esters for improved resistance to corrosion
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
Please Contact Dow for additional information.