RHOPLEX™ 78 Acrylic Emulsion
An acrylic emulsion is designed as a binder for elastomeric wall coatings. The emulsion produces durable coatings with the excellent elongation and recovery characteristics necessary to bridge dimensionally unstable cracks. This product employs a chemistry that imparts excellent dirt pickup resistance. In addition to elasticity and durability, coatings based on the product are permeable to water vapor, which permits moisture in the masonry substrate to escape without causing blisters.
- Elastomeric wall coatings
- 100% acrylic
- APEO free*
- Good balance of tensile strength and elongation
- Excellent dirt pick up resistance
- Efflorescence resistance
- High solids
*made without APEO-containing surfactant
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- % Solids Yes No 60 %
- Chemistry Yes No 100% Acrylic
- Coalescent Demand Yes No 0 %
- ECO Benefits Yes No APEO Free, Low VOC Capable
- EWC: Alkali Resistance Yes No Better
- EWC: Dirt Pick Up Resistance Yes No Best
- EWC: Elongation, Cold Temp Yes No Better
- EWC: Elongation, Room Temp Yes No Best
- EWC: Tack Yes No Better
- EWC: Tensile Strength, Cold Temp Yes No Best
- EWC: Tensile Strength, Room Temp Yes No Better
- Exterior Paint: Dirt Pick-Up Resistance Yes No Best
- Exterior Paint: Efflorescence Resistance Yes No Better
- MFFT-Minimum Film Formation Temp Yes No < 0 °C
- Use Yes No Exterior, Elastomeric Wall Coatings
- VOC Capable (g/L) Yes No < 5
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.