RHOPLEX™ 2438C Acrylic Emulsion
This product is designed as a binder for elastomeric wall coatings. This emulsion produces durable coatings with the excellent elongation and recovery characteristics necessary to bridge dimensionally unstable cracks without cracking or wrinkling. The product employs a chemistry that imparts excellent dirt pickup resistance to coatings based on it. As a result, these formulations retain an attractive appearance as they age. In addition to elasticity and durability, coatings based on this product are permeable to water vapor, which permits moisture in the masonry substrate to escape without causing blisters.
- Elastomeric wall coatings
- Excellent low temperature flexibility
- Low tack
- Resistance to water swelling
- Good balance of tensile strength and elongation
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- % Solids 50 %
- Chemistry 100% Acrylic
- Coalescent Demand 0 %
- ECO Benefits Low VOC Capable
- EWC: Alkali Resistance Good
- EWC: Dirt Pick Up Resistance Better
- EWC: Elongation, Cold Temp Good
- EWC: Elongation, Room Temp Better
- EWC: Tack Better
- EWC: Tensile Strength, Cold Temp Best
- EWC: Tensile Strength, Room Temp Best
- Exterior Paint: Efflorescence Resistance Good
- MFFT-Minimum Film Formation Temp < 0 °C
- Use Exterior, Elastomeric Wall Coatings
- VOC Capable (g/L) < 5
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
Please Contact Dow for additional information.