MAINCOTE™ IC-1001 Emulsion
An acrylic copolymer with a high degree of flexibility and a distinct hydrophobic composition. This versatile binder can be combined with low thermal conductivity fillers to form waterborne thermal insulation coatings with high pigment volume concentrations (PVC), high volume solids and low VOC. This product offers uniform cure in high build insulation coatings.
High performance, high film build, low VOC waterborne thermal insulation coatings for:
- Safe touch coatings for personnel protection
- Surface temperature reduction
- Thermal energy management for process control and/or energy conservation
- Improved management of corrosion under insulation (CUI) issues
- Use on hot and/or cold metal surfaces such as pipes, process equipment and storage tanks
- Easy application on surfaces with complex geometries needing insulation
- Low coalescent demand, low VOC formulation capability (<25 g/L)
- Excellent flexibility
- Excellent pigment binding capacity
- Hydrophobic backbone composition offers good water resistance
- High film build without mudcracking
- Contributes to excellent corrosion resistance as part of a coating system
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- % Solids Yes No 41 %
- % Solids Range Yes No 40.0-42.0 %
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.