MAINCOTE™ 4950 Emulsion
An acrylic copolymer emulsion that facilitates the formulation of coatings to less than or equal to 50 g/L VOC for use in light to medium duty maintenance and protective coatings applications and general industrial metal finishing applications. It offers excellent exterior durability and corrosion resistance, and ease of formulation with excellent paint stability. The product offers improved corrosion resistance versus current direct-to-metal (DTM) finish coats formulated below 100 g/L.
- Industrial maintenance and commercial architectural Finishes for steel and concrete
- DIY metal coatings
- General industrial finishes for metal
- Transportation coatings (e.g., railcar, shipping container)
- Institutional coatings for concrete and masonry
- Excellent corrosion resistance
- High gloss potential
- Low VOC formulations at 50 g/L or less
- Ambient self-crosslinking
- APEO Free*
- Excellent hardness properties and block resistance
*made without APEO-containing surfactant
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- % Solids 47.5 %
- % Solids Range 47.0-48.0 %
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.