ELITE™ NG 5401B Enhanced Polyethylene Resin
A Linear Low Density Polyethylene, 1-Octene copolymer, produced with the SOLUTION™ technology. This resin presents excellent tensile, tear and puncture resistance even at low temperatures with great gloss and clarity. It has a low seal initiation temperature with high seal performance allowing an increase in the speed line of form, fill and seal. The main characteristics are: film for form, fill and seal, film for packaging for frozen food. It has excellent mechanical properties even at low temperatures, low seal initiation temperature and high seal properties, excellent optics.
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- 2% Secant Modulus, MD (ASTM D882) in MPa (psi) Yes No 132 (19100)
- 2% Secant Modulus, TD (ASTM D882) in MPa (psi) Yes No 136 (19700)
- Anti-block Yes No true
- Dart Drop Impact (ASTM D1709A) in grams (lbs) Yes No 1000 g
- Density (ASTM D792) Yes No 0.918 g/cm3
- Elmendorf Tear Strength, MD (ASTM D1922) in grams (lbs) Yes No 680 g
- Elmendorf Tear Strength, TD (ASTM D1922) in grams (lbs) Yes No 890 g
- Gloss (45 degree) Yes No 62 %
- Haze (ASTM D1003) Yes No 11 %
- Melt Index (g/10min @190°C/21.6 kg) Yes No 1
- Slip Yes No true
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.