ELITE™ 5500G Enhanced Polyethylene Resin
A copolymer produced via INSITE* Technology. It offers an exceptional combination of processability, low heat seal initiation temperature, package integrity, optical properties, and tear strength. A high performance sealant for food and specialty packaging films. It has outstanding combination of seal performance, caulkability, optics, and tear strength. It has easy processability on blown and cast film extrusion equipment.
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- 2% Secant Modulus, MD (ASTM D882) in MPa (psi) 141 (20500)
- 2% Secant Modulus, TD (ASTM D882) in MPa (psi) 165 (24000)
- Anti-block false
- Dart Drop Impact (ASTM D1709A) in grams (lbs) 650 g
- Density (ASTM D792) 0.914 g/cm3
- Elmendorf Tear Strength, MD (ASTM D1922) in grams (lbs) 650 g
- Elmendorf Tear Strength, TD (ASTM D1922) in grams (lbs) 600 g
- Gloss (45 degree) 45 %
- Haze (ASTM D1003) 12 %
- Melt Index (g/10min @190°C/21.6 kg) 1.5
- Melting Point, DSC (Dow Method) in °C(°F) 122°C (252°F)
- Slip false
- Vicat Softening Point in °C(°F) 97°C (2017°F)
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.