ELITE™ 5401GS Enhanced Polyethylene Resin
A copolymer produced via INSITE™ Technology from Dow. It offers extremely high impact resistance, combined with excellent tear, tensile and optical properties for high strength blown film applications. This product offers a unique combination of low seal initiation temperature and high modulus and low blocking tendency for automatic packaging applications. This product contains slip and antiblock additives Applications: food and specialty packaging films, and very tough thin gauge films
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- 2% Secant Modulus, MD (ASTM D882) in MPa (psi) Yes No 181 (26300) (ISO 527-3)
- 2% Secant Modulus, TD (ASTM D882) in MPa (psi) Yes No 204 (29600) (ISO 527-3)
- Anti-block Yes No true
- Dart Drop Impact (ASTM D1709A) in grams (lbs) Yes No > 850 g (ISO 7765-1/B)
- Density (ASTM D792) Yes No 0.917 g/cm3
- Elmendorf Tear Strength, MD (ASTM D1922) in grams (lbs) Yes No 780 g
- Elmendorf Tear Strength, TD (ASTM D1922) in grams (lbs) Yes No 980 g
- Gloss (45 degree) Yes No 64 %
- Haze (ASTM D1003) Yes No 13 %
- Heat Seal Initiation Temp in °C(°F) Yes No 95°C (203°F)
- Melt Index (g/10min @190°C/21.6 kg) Yes No 1
- Melting Point, DSC (Dow Method) in °C(°F) Yes No 123°C (253°F)
- Slip Yes No true
- Vicat Softening Point in °C(°F) Yes No 100°C (212°F)
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.