DOWSIL™ TSSA Transparent Silicone Structural Adhesive
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- Durometer - Shore A Yes No 75 Shore A
- Elongation Yes No 250 %
- Resistance Type Yes No UV Resistance
- Service Temperature High Yes No 150 °C
- Service Temperature Low Yes No -50 °C
- Shelf Life Yes No 120 Days
- Tensile Strength Yes No 4.5 psi
Crystal clear bonding for point-fixed glass façades
For enhanced design freedom and aesthetics, DOWSIL™ Transparent Silicone Structural Adhesive (TSSA) provides a next-generation bonding option for crystal clear, point fixed glass façades. No glass drilling, no gaskets; the gas-filled insulating glass cavity remains untouched, therefore no gas-leakage due to deteriorated gaskets. Outperforming current technologies, this innovative structural adhesive helps maximize thermal performance of façades.
Put crystal clear structural silicone glazing film adhesive to work for you
Specifically designed for point-fixed single- or double-glazed façades, DOWSIL™ TSSA has the features needed to meet your challenges.
- 1 mm thick structural silicone crystal clear film
- 10 times stronger compared to conventional structural glazing silicones (such as DOWSIL™ 993 Structural Glazing Sealant): 1.3 MPa dynamic design load and 0.6 MPa static design load – suitable for non-dead load supported structures.
- Backed by our Quality Bond™ program, underscoring a commitment to manufacture using standards of best practice in quality control, quality assurance and application
- DOWSIL™ TSSA has been extensively tested – durability is excellent, outperforming the requirements of the European Technical Approval Guideline 002
- Additional security and safety – a safety indicator within the silicone film turns the adhesive white when the stress level exceeds the maximum design value and returns back to crystal clear when stress is removed (see illustration)
A point-fixed system that doesn't go through the glass
DOWSIL™ TSSA is the next generation of bonding that maximizes thermal performance of façades enabling lighter brighter space.
You may also be interested in the following products:
DOWSIL™ 983 Structural Glazing Sealant Base and Curing Agent
Designed for specialized use where dual structural and weatherseal applications are desired for factory glazing and curtainwall production. Once cured, this structural sealant forms a durable, flexible, watertight bond that can be warranted for 20 years and used in ±25% movement weatherseal applications. It has excellent unprimed adhesion to glass, alodine, and anodized aluminum1, although DOWSIL™ Primer-C OS is recommended for fast and consistent adhesion, especially to high-performance substrates approved for architectural structural glazing applications.
DOWSIL™ 795 Silicone Building Sealant
A one-part, cold-applied, non-sagging silicone material that cures to a medium modulus silicone rubber upon exposure to atmospheric moisture.
DOWSIL™ 756 SMS Building Sealant
A medium-modulus elastomeric sealant designed for weatherproofing sensitive porous stone and metal panel substrates to reduce residue rundown and substrate staining in new and remedial construction.
DOWSIL™ 7091 Adhesive Sealant
High performance, neutral cure silicone adhesive/sealant.
DOWSIL™ 123 Silicone Seal-All Colors
A pre-formed, ultra-low modulus silicone extrusion that is bonded to substrates using DOWSIL™ 791 Silicone Perimeter Sealant or DOWSIL™ 795 Silicone Building Sealant. This product can be used in both new and remedial construction applications.
- DOWSIL™ Primer-C OS
DOWSIL™ 1200 OS Primer
An air drying primer supplied as a dilute solution of moisture reactive materials in volatile siloxane and is used to improve both the quality and speed of adhesion development to room temperature vulcanizing silicone sealants to a variety of common non-porous substrates.
DOWSIL™ 790 Silicone Building Sealant
A one-part silicone formulation that cures in the presence of atmospheric moisture to produce a durable, fire-resistant, flexible and ultra-low-modulus silicone rubber building joint seal.
DOWSIL™ 791 Weatherproofing Sealant
A one-part, medium-modulus, elastomeric sealant designed for general weathersealing. It is a silicone formulation that cures to a flexible and curable silicone rubber building joint seal.
DOWSIL™ 995 Silicone Structural Sealant
A one-component, self-priming, shelf-stable, neutral-cure, elastomeric adhesive specifically formulated for silicone structural glazing and exhibits excellent unprimed adhesion to most building substrates. This product has superior unprimed adhesion for structural glazing applications for hurricane or impact rated windows and doors. It has a movement capability of +/- 50%.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.