DOWSIL™ TSSA Transparent Silicone Structural Adhesive
Crystal clear bonding for point-fixed glass façades
For enhanced design freedom and aesthetics, DOWSIL™ Transparent Silicone Structural Adhesive (TSSA) provides a next-generation bonding option for crystal clear, point fixed glass façades. No glass drilling, no gaskets; the gas-filled insulating glass cavity remains untouched, therefore no gas-leakage due to deteriorated gaskets. Outperforming current technologies, this innovative structural adhesive helps maximize thermal performance of façades.
Put crystal clear structural silicone glazing film adhesive to work for you
Specifically designed for point-fixed single- or double-glazed façades, DOWSIL™ TSSA has the features needed to meet your challenges.
- 1 mm thick structural silicone crystal clear film
- 10 times stronger compared to conventional structural glazing silicones (such as DOWSIL™ 993 Structural Glazing Sealant): 1.3 MPa dynamic design load and 0.6 MPa static design load – suitable for non-dead load supported structures.
- Backed by our Quality Bond™ program, underscoring a commitment to manufacture using standards of best practice in quality control, quality assurance and application
- DOWSIL™ TSSA has been extensively tested – durability is excellent, outperforming the requirements of the European Technical Approval Guideline 002
- Additional security and safety – a safety indicator within the silicone film turns the adhesive white when the stress level exceeds the maximum design value and returns back to crystal clear when stress is removed (see illustration)
A point-fixed system that doesn't go through the glass
DOWSIL™ TSSA is the next generation of bonding that maximizes thermal performance of façades enabling lighter brighter space.
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- Durometer - Shore A 75 Shore A
- Elongation 250 %
- Resistance Type UV Resistance
- Service Temperature High 150 °C
- Service Temperature Low -50 °C
- Shelf Life 120 Days
- Tensile Strength 4.5 psi
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.