DOWSIL™ TC-4525 A/B
A thermally Conductive Gap Filler offers thermal conductivity of 2.5W/m.K. This is a soft and compressible silicone material designed to dissipate heat from electronic modules by conducting it to a heat sink such as an aluminum housing. Excellent fit for automotive electronics and battery packs applications.
- Improved reliability in harsh temperatures – Effectively dissipate heat away from sensitive components. They withstand peak exposure at 200°C, and perform reliably at operating temperatures ranging up to 150°C.
- Easy processing – These advanced thermally conductive materials dispense easily from their original packaging with minimal to no additional process preparation, making them well-suited for automated application using standard meter mix equipment.
- Effective assembly – Avoid slumping on vertical surfaces during assembly. After cure, they maintain their vertical stability even after long use.
- Cost-effective, fast cure – The platinum cure system enables fast, controlled cure at room temperature, although cure times can be accelerated further with heat to reduce manufacturing cycle times. No post-cure steps are required.
- UL 94 V-0 recognition – Received recognition under Underwriters Laboratories UL 94 standard, which evaluates the flammability of plastic and silicone materials intended for parts in devices and appliances. Recognition under UL 94 is a step toward applying the UL label on your final product.
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- Color - Part A Yes No White
- Dielectric Constant at 1MHz Yes No 6.6
- Durometer - Shore 00 Yes No 55 Shore 00
- Heat Cure Yes No 120 Minutes @ 25 Deg C, 10 Minutes @ 80 Deg C
- Heat Cure at 50 Deg C Yes No 20 Minutes
- Number of Parts Yes No Two
- Shelf Life Yes No 300 Days
- Specific Gravity Yes No 2.9
- Thermal Conductivity Yes No 2.6 Watts per meter K
- Volume Resistivity Yes No 2.4e+014 ohm-centimeters
Easier processing and long-term performance stability
As automotive electronics contribute ever greater value to automotive safety, reliability, performance and comfort, they are also generating higher temperatures that can reduce the functionality and reliability of modules over time.
Dow developed – and continues to broaden – a portfolio of silicone thermal conductive gap fillers with different levels of thermal conductivity that deliver greatly improved dispensability, reduced abrasiveness (certain products) and stable performance for more reliable applications in harsh automotive under the hood environments.
Thermally conductive gap fillers from Dow are soft, compressible, two-part silicone, high thermal conductivity materials specifically formulated to process easily and to effectively dissipate heat from critical automotive parts, such as engine or transmission.
Frequently Bought Together
DOWSIL™ TC-4515 Gap Filler A&B
A thermally Conductive Gap Filler offers thermal conductivity of 1.5W/m.K. As automotive electronics contribute ever greater value to automotive safety, reliability, performance and comfort, they are also generating higher temperatures that can reduce the functionality and reliability of modules over time.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.