DOWSIL™ Instantglaze Window Assembly Sealant
- Improved air and water performance
- Reduce manufacturing time and cost with automated processing
- Allow use of standard hot melt dispensing equipment and automated X-Y glazing tables for faster production
- Save substantial labor time compared with manual tape glazing
- Outperform organic hot melt sealants such as polyurethanes and butyls
- Improve quality, reduce costs and reduce volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Minimize waste and cleanup requirements
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- Adhesion to Yes No Enamelled and Reflective Glass, Extruded Mill Finish, Fluorocarbon Coated Aluminum, Glass, Alodine Aluminum, Heat Strengthened Glass, Low E Coated Glass, Metal, Aluminum, Plastic, Polyester Powder Coated Aluminum/Steel, Steel, Stainless Steel, Vinyl/PVC-U, Wood, Anodized Aluminum
- Application Temperature Range Yes No 121 to 129 °C
- Color Yes No Clear
- Cure Type Yes No Neutral Cure
- Durometer - Shore A Yes No 60 Shore A
- Dynamic Viscosity Yes No 210000 Centipoise
- Elongation Yes No 850 %
- Green Strength Yes No High
- Low Odor Yes No true
- Movement Capability Yes No -50 to 50 %
- Nonvolatile Content Yes No > 98.5 %
- Number of Parts Yes No One
- Open Time Yes No 15 Minutes
- Pot Life Yes No 1440 Minutes
- Primerless Adhesion Yes No Primerless
- Resistance Type Yes No Thermal Resistance, UV Resistance, Water Resistance
- Room Temperature Cure - Hours Yes No 48 Hours
- Service Temperature High Yes No 93 °C
- Service Temperature Low Yes No -50 °C
- Shelf Life Yes No 360 Days
- Specific Gravity @ 25C Yes No 1.061
- Temperature Range Yes No -50 to 93 °C
- Tensile Strength Yes No 350 psi
- Viscosity @ 250 F Yes No 2500 poise
DOWSIL™ InstantGlaze Window Assembly Sealant delivers all the recognized performance capabilities of silicone, but unlike traditional silicone sealants, they are reactive hot-melt materials designed specifically to take full advantage of automated backbedding technology. They deliver instant green strength so windows can be immediately handled without risking the integrity of the seal or distorting the sash, offering significant productivity improvements.
DOWSIL™ InstantGlaze pick test
How to test if your hot melt sealant is cured before applying to your equipment
Frequently Bought Together
A solventbased silane adhesion promoter for use in construction applications for painted surfaces.
DOWSIL™ 791 Weatherproofing Sealant
A one-part, medium-modulus, elastomeric sealant designed for general weathersealing. It is a silicone formulation that cures to a flexible and curable silicone rubber building joint seal.
DOWSIL™ 983 Structural Glazing Sealant Base and Curing Agent
Designed for specialized use where dual structural and weatherseal applications are desired for factory glazing and curtainwall production. Once cured, this structural sealant forms a durable, flexible, watertight bond that can be warranted for 20 years and used in ±25% movement weatherseal applications. It has excellent unprimed adhesion to glass, alodine, and anodized aluminum1, although DOWSIL™ Primer-C OS is recommended for fast and consistent adhesion, especially to high-performance substrates approved for architectural structural glazing applications.
DOWSIL™ 756 SMS Building Sealant
A medium-modulus elastomeric sealant designed for weatherproofing sensitive porous stone and metal panel substrates to reduce residue rundown and substrate staining in new and remedial construction.
DOWSIL™ 995 Silicone Structural Sealant
A one-component, self-priming, shelf-stable, neutral-cure, elastomeric adhesive specifically formulated for silicone structural glazing and exhibits excellent unprimed adhesion to most building substrates. This product has superior unprimed adhesion for structural glazing applications for hurricane or impact rated windows and doors. It has a movement capability of +/- 50%.
DOWSIL™ 123 Silicone Seal-All Colors
A pre-formed, ultra-low modulus silicone extrusion that is bonded to substrates using DOWSIL™ 791 Silicone Perimeter Sealant or DOWSIL™ 795 Silicone Building Sealant. This product can be used in both new and remedial construction applications.
DOWSIL™ 795 Silicone Building Sealant
A one-part, cold-applied, non-sagging silicone material that cures to a medium modulus silicone rubber upon exposure to atmospheric moisture.
- DOWSIL™ Primer-C OS
DOWSIL™ Contractors Weatherproofing Sealant
A one-part, moisture cure, medium modulus sealant that provides durable, flexible, watertight joints and offers outstanding unprimed adhesion to most non-porous substrates. It is specifically developed for sealing dynamically moving joints.
DOWSIL™ 1199 Silicone Glazing Sealant
A one-part, neutral-cure RTV sealant ideal for automated glazing systems. It offers outstanding adhesion which makes this product excellent for use as a backbedding sealant on sash, as well as cap, toe or heel bead applications. It is specially formulated to meet the demanding requirements as a back-bedding sealant for the high-speed manufacturing of windows and doors.
DOWSIL™ 790 Silicone Building Sealant
A one-part silicone formulation that cures in the presence of atmospheric moisture to produce a durable, fire-resistant, flexible and ultra-low-modulus silicone rubber building joint seal.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.