DOWSIL™ Instantglaze III Assembly Adhesive
Neutral-cure hot-melt silicone for automated assembling of windows. Designed for use as productivity enhancer in the assembly of windows and doors. It is used with various types of high-speed automatic equipment (robots, XY tables, etc.) to improve manufacturing productivity and window performance. It can be used on most common window materials (wood, PVC, aluminum, fiberglass) without the need for any primer. This product is also compatible with most common insulating glass sealants.
- Increase compressibility
- Increase creep resistance
- Improved air and water performance
- Allow use of standard hot melt dispensing equipment and automated X-Y glazing tables for faster production
- Save substantial labor time compared with manual tape glazing
- Outperform organic hot melt sealants such as polyurethanes and butyls
- Improve quality, reduce costs and reduce volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Minimize waste and cleanup requirements
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- Above Grade Yes No true
- Adhesion to Yes No Enamelled and Reflective Glass, Extruded Mill Finish, Fluoropolymers, Fluorocarbon Coated Aluminum, Glass, Heat Strengthened Glass, Low E Coated Glass, Metal, Metal Panels, Paint, Aluminum, Plastic, Polyester Powder Coated Aluminum/Steel, Silicone, Steel, Stainless Steel, Strengthened Glass, Tile, Vinyl/PVC-U, Wood, Anodized Aluminum, Coated Glass, Ceramic
- Application Temperature Range Yes No 120 °C
- Color Yes No Translucent
- Cure Type Yes No Neutral Cure, Alkoxy Cure
- Durability Yes No true
- Durometer - Shore A Yes No 33 Shore A
- Elongation Yes No 949 %
- Gas Permeable Yes No true
- Green Strength Yes No High
- High Yes No High
- Modulus @ 50% Elongation Yes No 122 psi
- Moisture Permeable Yes No true
- Movement Capability Yes No 50 to -50 %
- Nonvolatile Content Yes No 99 %
- Number of Parts Yes No One
- Open Time Yes No 15 Minutes
- Optically Clear Yes No true
- Peel Adhesion (pli) Yes No 40 pli
- Pot Life Yes No 1440 Minutes
- Primerless Adhesion Yes No Primerless
- Room Temperature Cure - Hours Yes No 48 Hours
- Service Temperature High Yes No 150 °C
- Service Temperature Low Yes No -30 °C
- Shelf Life Yes No 360 Days
- Specific Gravity @ 25C Yes No 1.087
- Viscosity @ 250 F Yes No 1200 poise
DOWSIL™ InstantGlaze III Assembly Adhesive is designed for use as productivity enhancer in the assembly of windows and doors. It is used with various types of high-speed automatic equipment (robots, XY tables, etc.) to improve manufacturing productivity and window performance. It can be used on most common window materials (wood, PVC, aluminum, fiberglass) without the need for any primer. DOWSIL™ InstantGlaze III Assembly Adhesive is also compatible with most common insulating glass sealants.
DOWSIL™ InstantGlaze pick test
How to test if your hot melt sealant is cured before applying to your equipment.
Frequently Bought Together
A solventbased silane adhesion promoter for use in construction applications for painted surfaces.
DOWSIL™ 790 Silicone Building Sealant
A one-part silicone formulation that cures in the presence of atmospheric moisture to produce a durable, fire-resistant, flexible and ultra-low-modulus silicone rubber building joint seal.
DOWSIL™ 756 SMS Building Sealant
A medium-modulus elastomeric sealant designed for weatherproofing sensitive porous stone and metal panel substrates to reduce residue rundown and substrate staining in new and remedial construction.
DOWSIL™ 995 Silicone Structural Sealant
A one-component, self-priming, shelf-stable, neutral-cure, elastomeric adhesive specifically formulated for silicone structural glazing and exhibits excellent unprimed adhesion to most building substrates. This product has superior unprimed adhesion for structural glazing applications for hurricane or impact rated windows and doors. It has a movement capability of +/- 50%.
DOWSIL™ Contractors Weatherproofing Sealant
A one-part, moisture cure, medium modulus sealant that provides durable, flexible, watertight joints and offers outstanding unprimed adhesion to most non-porous substrates. It is specifically developed for sealing dynamically moving joints.
DOWSIL™ 983 Structural Glazing Sealant Base and Curing Agent
Designed for specialized use where dual structural and weatherseal applications are desired for factory glazing and curtainwall production. Once cured, this structural sealant forms a durable, flexible, watertight bond that can be warranted for 20 years and used in ±25% movement weatherseal applications. It has excellent unprimed adhesion to glass, alodine, and anodized aluminum1, although DOWSIL™ Primer-C OS is recommended for fast and consistent adhesion, especially to high-performance substrates approved for architectural structural glazing applications.
- DOWSIL™ Primer-C OS
DOWSIL™ 1199 Silicone Glazing Sealant
A one-part, neutral-cure RTV sealant ideal for automated glazing systems. It offers outstanding adhesion which makes this product excellent for use as a backbedding sealant on sash, as well as cap, toe or heel bead applications. It is specially formulated to meet the demanding requirements as a back-bedding sealant for the high-speed manufacturing of windows and doors.
DOWSIL™ 795 Silicone Building Sealant
A one-part, cold-applied, non-sagging silicone material that cures to a medium modulus silicone rubber upon exposure to atmospheric moisture.
DOWSIL™ 123 Silicone Seal-All Colors
A pre-formed, ultra-low modulus silicone extrusion that is bonded to substrates using DOWSIL™ 791 Silicone Perimeter Sealant or DOWSIL™ 795 Silicone Building Sealant. This product can be used in both new and remedial construction applications.
DOWSIL™ 791 Weatherproofing Sealant
A one-part, medium-modulus, elastomeric sealant designed for general weathersealing. It is a silicone formulation that cures to a flexible and curable silicone rubber building joint seal.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.