DOWSIL™ IE-2404 Emulsion
- Low water absorption – binds directly with paint formulation components to create hydrophobic action that minimizes water absorption
- Increases permeability to water vapor – allows water vapor and carbon dioxide to permeate through a coating, resulting in less water trapped into the bulk of the substrate
- Extends coating life in exterior applications – improves weather resistance, extends the coating life and reduces lifecycle maintenance costs
- Disperses readily in water – free of added solvents, this emulsion is perfect for waterborne (including low-VOC) formulations
- Reduces dirt pickup, delivers more – well-formulated silicone resin paints deliver UV stability, less dirt pickup, repaintability, uniform appearance and damage resistance
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- Active Content Yes No 50 %
- Color Yes No Milky White
- Density (g/cm3) Yes No 1.02 g/cm3
- pH Yes No 6 to 9
- Viscosity Yes No 1500 mPa.s
Add excellent weatherability and water resistance to your paint and façade render products
DOWSIL™ IE-2404 Emulsion can help you develop coatings that work harder to protect surfaces from the effects of weather, water and industrial pollutants. It's particularly useful as a co-binder in silicone-based coatings designed for exterior substrates such as masonry, plaster and exterior insulation façade systems (EIFS), where unwanted moisture can damage the material.
You may also be interested in the following products:
DOWSIL™ Z-70 Emulsion
Used as a hydrophobic additive in silicone resin based render and coating formulations known to have high moisture vapor permeability and good liquid water repellency. Also used for Admixture for cementitious based product with improved water resistance (e.g.pavers).
DOWSIL™ 2405 Resin
A reactive alkoxy-siloxane resin used as binder that provides heat resistance and improves the physical performance of paints and coatings for high temperature resistance applications. The material can be moisture-cured at room temperature without the presence of tin catalyst.
DOWSIL™ IE-6682 Emulsion
Impregnation sealer for masonry and cementitious surfaces
DOWSIL™ IE 6683 Water Repellent
A silane/siloxane emulsion blend, dilutable in water to formulate a less than 200 g/l VOC water repellent. (Low VOC)
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.