DOWSIL™ HPI-1000 Building Insulation Blanket
- Where below-grade systems meet above-grade wall systems
- Where glazing systems meet cavity walls
- Where design results in exposed or underinsulated slab edges
- Where additional thermal insulation is required at curtainwall mullions (mullion wrap)
- Where parapets meet roofs
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- Color Yes No Gray
- Fire Resistant Yes No true
- Hydrophobic Yes No true
- Permeability (ASTM E96) Yes No 2300 ng/Pa*m2*s / 41 US perms
- R-Value/inch Yes No 9.6 (hr*ft2*F)/(Btu*in)
- Resistance Type Yes No Thermal Resistance
- Service Temperature High Yes No 200 °C
- Specific Gravity Yes No 0.165
- Thermal Conductivity Yes No 0.0146 Watts per meter K
Flexible, thin-profile material delivers significantly improved thermal resistance in hard-to-insulate spaces
Reduce thermal bridging and expand design possibilities
DOWSIL™ HPI-1000 Building Insulation Blanket is a thin, flexible insulation material that uses advanced silicon-based aerogel technology to deliver significantly improved thermal resistance versus conventional insulation products.
The thin profile allows for fast, easy installation compared to conventional insulation materials and provides excellent thermal bridging for difficult profiles such as curves and corners where it’s often bulky or complicated to install. This material is fire-resistant, water-vapor permeable, and hydrophobic.
DOWSIL™ HPI-1000 Building Insulation Blanket is an ideal solution for insulating challenging space-limited and transition conditions in building envelopes.
Achieve superior thermal performance
Using thermal modeling software, DOWSIL™ HPI-1000 Building Insulation Blanket was evaluated and analyzed based on ASHRAE 1365-RP.
 Average R-values shown in hr-ft2-F/BTU; USI-values shown in W/m2K.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.