DOWSIL™ FZ-3196 Fluid
- Light, silky smooth feel
- Moderate volatility – feels less dry than more volatile materials
- Improved spreadability and reduced tackiness and greasy feel of vegetable oils
- Excellent spreadability
- Excellent compatibility with both silicones and organic materials
- Co-solubilizer between silicone and organic oils
- Clear and colorless
- Easy to handle
- Listed in the Catalogue of Cosmetics Ingredients used in China
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- Color Yes No Colorless, Light Amber
- Fire Resistant Yes No true
- Flash Point, Closed Cup Yes No 110 °C
- Improved Spreading Yes No true
- Internal Phase Viscosity Yes No 2.9 Centistokes
- Non-Occlusive Yes No true
- Nonvolatile Content Yes No 0 %
- Optically Clear Yes No true
- Reduced Yes No Greasiness, Tackiness
- Refractive Index Yes No 1.413
- Specific Gravity @ 25C Yes No 0.84
- Surface Tension Yes No 20.4 mN/m
A luxurious carrier for your formulations with vegetable oils
Consumers want products that contain vegetable oils without sacrificing a light, non-greasy feel. You can meet this need with DOWSIL™ FZ-3196 Fluid.
Compatible with a wide range of ingredients
DOWSIL™ FZ-3196 Fluid can improve the overall sensory profile of your formulations. This high-quality volatile alkyl methyl siloxane fluid is a unique solution for formulators of skin care, sun care, color cosmetics, and hair care products. It offers moderate volatility, affordable cost-in-use, and excellent compatibility with a wide range of ingredients. Use it with vegetable oils or other naturals for enhanced sensory benefits, as a carrier for other ingredients, or as a dispersing medium for hydrophobic powders and pigments.
Compared to vegetable oil alone, DOWSIL™ FZ-3196 Fluid in a 50/50 blend with vegetable oils significantly increases the perceived wetness and spreadability before skin absorption, as well as reducing tackiness. After absorption, perceived slipperiness increases and tackiness, film residue, and greasiness on skin decline.
Frequently Bought Together
XIAMETER™ PMX-1501 Fluid
A blend of an ultra high viscosity dimethiconol in cyclopentasiloxane for use in skincare, suncare, haircare, antiperspirant and deodorant, and color cosmetic applications. INCI Name: Cyclopentasiloxane (and) Dimethiconol
DOWSIL™ 556 Cosmetic Grade Fluid
A polyphenylmethylsiloxane for use in skincare, suncare, color cosmetic, hair care, and antiperspirant / deodorant applications. INCI Name: Phenyl Trimethicone
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.