DOWSIL™ FC-5002 IDD Resin Gum
- Excellent film flexibility
- Very high sebum repellency; high water repellency
- High rub-off resistance
- High transfer resistance for long-lasting color
- Permeable to water vapor
- Demonstrated performance in different formulation textures and sensory experiences
- Comfortable to wear
- Long-lasting performance in both skin care and makeup products
- Suitable for main formulation types; available in three carriers for formulation and manufacturing flexibility
- Listed in the Catalogue of Cosmetics Ingredients used in China
Make a splash in beauty care with silicone resin gums
Silicone resin gums are a new class of silicone film-formers designed to form highly flexible and breathable films for improved comfort of wear – and to offer long-lasting properties with excellent water repellency and transfer resistance, making them a good choice for color cosmetics applications … and beyond.
Like our other silicone film-forming technologies, silicone resin gums from Dow give you a different and complementary approach to meeting evolving consumer needs for long-lasting performance.
Formulation flexibility and demonstrated performance
Silicone resin gums from Dow can be used in water/oil, oil/water and anhydrous formulations, and their performance has been demonstrated in a variety of color cosmetic applications – namely foundations, mascaras and eye shadows.
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- Color Clear to slightly hazy liquid
- Cyclopentasiloxane Content < 0.1 %
- Cyclotetrasiloxane Content < 0.1 %
- Film Forming on Skin true
- Flash Point, Closed Cup 43 °C
- Long Lasting/Substantivity true
- Non-Occlusive true
- Pigment Deposition true
- Shelf Life 1800 Days
- Viscosity at 25ºC 114 Centistokes
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.