DOWSIL™ EP-9801 Hydro Cosmetic Powder
- Provides a reduced-shine, mattifying effect on the skin
- Sebum and oil absorption
- Smooth, powdery feel
- Spreadability and slipperiness
- Soft focus properties help mask wrinkles and other skin imperfections
- Easy to disperse in water without the use of surfactants or high-shear devices
- Can be added directly into the water phase in formulations such as liquid formulations, water-in-oil creams, oil-in-water creams, lotions, gels and toners
- Listed in the Catalogue of Cosmetics Ingredients used in China
Water-dispersible elastomer powder provides enhanced sensory and performance benefits
Today's consumers want light creams, lotions, gels, toners, liquid foundations and color cosmetics that not only perform, but feel great during and after application. DOWSIL™ EP-9801 Hydro Cosmetic Powder helps you create products that meet these needs, by combining the well-known sensory and functional benefits of a silicone elastomer powder with the ability to be readily water-dispersible.
Formulating with DOWSIL™ EP-9801 Hydro Cosmetic Powder
This video demonstrates the simplicity of formulating with a Dow silicone-based powder that is readily dispersible in water. In skin care formulations this specialty ingredient provides soft focus benefits as well as sebum absorption, while providing a powdery feel.
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- Bulk Density 0.2 to 0.5
- Color White Powder
- Dry Powdery Feel
- Ease of Use true
- Particle Size, Average 1 to 10 um (Microns)
- Sebum Absorption true
- Shelf Life 540 Days
- Smooth Feel true
- Water Dispersible true
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.