DOWSIL™ 993 Structural Glazing Base and Catalyst
Structural silicone glazing is today’s most innovative form of curtainwall construction. Glass, ceramic, metal, stone and composite panels are adhered to building frames using structural silicone adhesive/sealants. These adhesives not only support the panels; they also transmit windloads to the structure and seal the building from the elements and allows total vision glass without thermal bridges.
DOWSIL™ 993 Silicone Structural Glazing Sealant meets European standard for structural glazing (ETA-01/0005) in all color shades. Fast and easy catalyst color change in production will be supported by DOWSIL™ 3535 Catalyst Cleaner.
DOWSIL™ 993 Silicone Structural Glazing Sealant was used at Burj Khalifa, with a height of 828 m the world’s tallest building and also the highest installation of an aluminium and glass facade.
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- Adhesion to Enamelled and Reflective Glass, Glass, Heat Strengthened Glass, Light-Weight Stone Panels, Stainless Steel, Anodized Aluminum
- Color - Part A White
- Color - Part B Black
- Cure Type Neutral Cure, Alkoxy Cure
- Durometer - Shore A 40 Shore A
- Dynamic Viscosity 40000 Centipoise
- Elongation 130 %
- Number of Parts Two
- Primerless Adhesion Primerless
- Resistance Type Ozone Resistance, Thermal Resistance, UV Resistance, Water Resistance
- Service Temperature High 150 °C
- Service Temperature Low -50 °C
- Shelf Life 360 Days
- Specific Gravity @ 25C 1.3
- Tack-Free Time-50% RH 80 to 100 Minutes
- Tear Strength 34 ppi
- Tensile Strength 138 psi
- Water Resistant true
- Working Time 10 to 30 Minutes
Frequently Bought Together
A solventbased silane adhesion promoter for use in construction applications for painted surfaces.
DOWSIL™ 795 Silicone Building Sealant
A one-part, cold-applied, non-sagging silicone material that cures to a medium modulus silicone rubber upon exposure to atmospheric moisture.
DOWSIL™ 790 Silicone Building Sealant
A one-part silicone formulation that cures in the presence of atmospheric moisture to produce a durable, fire-resistant, flexible and ultra-low-modulus silicone rubber building joint seal.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.