DOWSIL™ 982 Silicone Insulating Glass Sealant Base and Catalyst
A two-part silicone sealant designed for use as a secondary sealant in a dual-sealed insulating glass unit, as well as in an insulating glass unit that will be structurally glazed. The product cures to a durable, high-modulus, flexible silicone seal that is chemically stable and creates a weathertight bond. It has excellent unprimed adhesion to glass and metal substrates, such as galvanized steel and aluminum.
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- Adhesion to Glass, Heat Strengthened Glass, Low E Coated Glass, Stainless Steel, Anodized Aluminum
- Color White
- Cure Type Neutral Cure
- Durometer - Shore A 43 Shore A
- Elongation 219 %
- Flow/Sag (Slump) < 5.1 mm
- Mix Ratio 9:1 Base to Catalyst
- Number of Parts Two
- Primerless Adhesion Primerless
- Resistance Type Water Resistance
- Shelf Life 360 Days
- Specific Gravity @ 25C 1.38
- Tensile Strength 228 psi
- Working Time 20 to 40 Minutes
Frequently Bought Together
A solventbased silane adhesion promoter for use in construction applications for painted surfaces.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.