DOWSIL™ 791 Weatherproofing Sealant
Solid weatherproofing performance plus outstanding silicone sealant value
One of the most economical options for quality silicone weathersealing, DOWSIL™ 791 Silicone Weatherproofing Sealant is a neutral-cure, one-part sealant that quickly cures to a durable, flexible seal that can accommodate significant joint movement. Especially suited for perimeter sealing around doors and windows, it's also excellent for sealing expansion and control joints, precast concrete panels, curtainwall and mullion joints, and internal seals and end dams.
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- Adhesion to Enamelled and Reflective Glass, Extruded Mill Finish, Fluorocarbon Coated Aluminum, Glass, Granite, Alodine Aluminum, Heat Strengthened Glass, Light-Weight Stone Panels, Low E Coated Glass, Marble, Masonry, Metal, Metal Panels, Paint, Aluminum, Plastic, Polyester Powder Coated Aluminum/Steel, Silicone, Stone, Steel, Stainless Steel, Vinyl/PVC-U, Wood, Anodized Aluminum, Limestone, Brickwork, Concrete
- Application Temperature Range 4 to 40 °C
- Color Black, Bronze, Grey, Limestone, Precast White, White, Custom, Dark Grey, Metal Grey
- Durometer - Shore A 25 to 30 Shore A
- Flow/Sag (Slump) 0 mm
- Movement Capability -50 to 50 %
- Primerless Adhesion Primerless
- Room Temperature Cure - Days 7 to 14 Days
- Service Temperature High 150 °C
- Service Temperature Low -50 °C
- Specific Gravity @ 25C 1.51
- Tack-Free Time-50% RH 45 Minutes
- Tensile Adhesion (T/A) 120 psi
- Volatile Organic Content 45 g/liter
- Working Time 20 Minutes
Frequently Bought Together
DOWSIL™ 795 Silicone Building Sealant
A one-part, cold-applied, non-sagging silicone material that cures to a medium modulus silicone rubber upon exposure to atmospheric moisture.
DOWSIL™ 790 Silicone Building Sealant
A one-part silicone formulation that cures in the presence of atmospheric moisture to produce a durable, fire-resistant, flexible and ultra-low-modulus silicone rubber building joint seal.
DOWSIL™ Contractors Weatherproofing Sealant
A one-part, moisture cure, medium modulus sealant that provides durable, flexible, watertight joints and offers outstanding unprimed adhesion to most non-porous substrates. It is specifically developed for sealing dynamically moving joints.
DOWSIL™ 983 Structural Glazing Sealant Base and Curing Agent
Designed for specialized use where dual structural and weatherseal applications are desired for factory glazing and curtainwall production. Once cured, this structural sealant forms a durable, flexible, watertight bond that can be warranted for 20 years and used in ±25% movement weatherseal applications. It has excellent unprimed adhesion to glass, alodine, and anodized aluminum1, although DOWSIL™ Primer-C OS is recommended for fast and consistent adhesion, especially to high-performance substrates approved for architectural structural glazing applications.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.