DOWSIL™ 74 Additive
- 100% organomodified silicones
- Easy to incorporate at low shear
- Can be used neat or diluted in polar solvents
- Compatibility with a wide variety of ink and OPV resins
- Very low use levels
- Excellent foam control during both manufacturing and processing
- Shear stability
- Continued performance even after long-term storage
- Prevent defects, even on filmic subtrates
- Compliant with U.S., European and certain local country regulations within Europe for food-contact applications
Additives for long-lasting, defect-free foam control in inks and overprint varnishes
Are you looking for a long-lasting foam control additive for your ink or overprint varnish (OPV) that performs during both the manufacturing and printing processes and does not cause surface defects, even on filmic substrates? Is storage stability a concern? Do you also need to meet regulatory requirements for various food-contact applications? Then consider DOWSIL™ 71 Additive and DOWSIL™ 74 Additive. These foam control agents provide excellent, long-lasting foam control at reduced use levels while maintaining the integrity of the coating, and they comply with U.S., European and certain local country regulations within Europe for food contact.
Unlike silicone emulsion products, DOWSIL™ 71 and 74 Additives are supplied as 100% organomodified silicones. They are low viscosity, surfactant-like compounds that self-emulsify and thus are easy to incorporate at low shear, while also avoiding any issues with emulsion instability. They are also highly effective in a wide range of acrylic resin formulations, providing excellent foam control at much lower use levels without causing cratering and other surface defects associated with silicone emulsions, even on non-absorbent filmic substrates.
Effective foam control at very low use levels
With their unique organomodified silicone structure, DOWSIL™ 71 and 74 Additives provide excellent foam control at much lower use levels than competitive emulsion technology.
Figure 1: Performance of DOWSIL™ 74 Additive in a waterborne flexographic ink.
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- Active Content 100 %
- Aqueous Systems true
- Cloud Point < 0 °C
- Color Clear colorless to tan hazy liquid
- Dynamic Viscosity 750 Centipoise
- Flash Point, Closed Cup > 100 °C
- Refractive Index 1.435 to 1.445
- Shelf Life 720 Days
- Solventless true
- Specific Gravity @ 25C 1
- Surface Tension 26.9 mN/m
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.