DOWSIL™ 3362 Insulating Glass Base and Catalyst
A two component room temperature neutral curing silicone sealant specifically developed for the manufacture of high performance insulated glass units. It is suitable for insulating glass units used in residential and commerical, and structural glazing applications.
- Residential and commercial use
- Gas-filled insulating glass units
- Incorporating specialty glass types
- IG units used in structural glazing
- The manufacture of high performance insulated glass units
- With high levels of UV exposure (free edge green house, etc.)
- Where high heat or humidity may be encountered
- In cold climates
- European Technical Approval ETA-03/0003
DOWSIL™ 3362 Insulating Glass Silicone Sealant is a two component, fast cure, neutral-curing silicone sealant intended for use as a secondary seal in dual sealed IG units. DOWSIL™ 3362 Insulating Glass Sealant has been granted a “European Technical Approval” (ETA) based on independent testing in accordance with the current European structural glazing guideline ETAG-002. DOWSIL™ 3362 Insulating Glass Sealant is appropriate for use in IG units used in structural glazing applications. The product has been granted a CE label based on this approval. The sealant is available in two different curing agent viscosity types: HV and HV/GER. For more information, please refer to the technical data sheet.
DOWSIL™ 3362 meets European standard for structural glazing (ETA-03/0003 – ETAG 002) in all color shades. Fast and easy catalyst color change in production will be supported by DOWSIL™ 3535 Catalyst Cleaner.
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- Adhesion to Enamelled and Reflective Glass, Aluminum, Plastic, Steel, Coated Glass
- Color Black, White, Grey, Non-slump paste
- Cure Type Neutral Cure
- Durometer - Shore A 41 Shore A
- Elongation 90 %
- Number of Parts Two
- Resistance Type Ozone Resistance, UV Resistance, Water Resistance
- Service Temperature High 150 °C
- Service Temperature Low -50 °C
- Shelf Life 420 Days
- Tear Strength 6 ppi
- Tensile Strength 0.89 psi
- Thermal Conductivity 0.27 Watts per meter K
- Water Resistant true
- Working Time 5 to 10 Minutes
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.