DOWSIL™ 895 Structural Glazing Sealant
- A continuous air and water barrier to withstand natural weather events such as hurricanes and typhoons
- A flexible anchor that retains glass under seismic activity
- A flexible cushion to absorb the daily differential thermal dilatation between glass and aluminum
- A durable bond with long-term resistance to ultraviolet (UV) light
- Meets European standard for structural glazing (ETA-01/0005); only black colored material
- Excellent adhesion to a wide range of substrates
- Excellent stability through wide temperature range
- Resistant to ozone and UV
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- Adhesion to Yes No Enamelled and Reflective Glass, Fluorocarbon Coated Aluminum, Glass, Alodine Aluminum, Heat Strengthened Glass, Low E Coated Glass, Polyester Powder Coated Aluminum/Steel, Stainless Steel, Anodized Aluminum
- Color Yes No Black, Dark Grey, Light Grey, White
- Durometer - Shore A Yes No 38 Shore A
- Elongation Yes No 600 %
- Flow/Sag (Slump) Yes No 0 mm
- Number of Parts Yes No One
- Resistance Type Yes No Ozone Resistance, Thermal Resistance, UV Resistance, Water Resistance
- Sealant Dynamic Design Load Yes No 140000
- Sealant Static Design Load Yes No 7000 Pa
- Shelf Life Yes No 360 Days
- Specific Gravity @ 25C Yes No 1.43
- Tack-Free Time-50% RH Yes No 60 Minutes
- Tear Strength Yes No 108.5 ppi
- Temperature Range Yes No -50 to 150 °C
- Water Resistant Yes No true
- Working Time Yes No 15 Minutes
- Young's Modulus Yes No 145 psi
Structural silicone glazing is today’s most innovative form of curtainwall construction. It can be used to adhere stiffening elements to building panels and for other similar adhesive applications. Structural Glazing is a reliable method of supporting glass that is unmatched with regards to performance, aesthetics, durability and maintenance and allows total vision glass without thermal bridges.
Structural Glazing is a reliable method of supporting glass that is unmatched with regards to performance, aesthetics, durability and maintenance.
Frequently Bought Together
DOWSIL™ 556 Cosmetic Grade Fluid
A polyphenylmethylsiloxane for use in skincare, suncare, color cosmetic, hair care, and antiperspirant / deodorant applications. INCI Name: Phenyl Trimethicone
DOWSIL™ 995 Silicone Structural Sealant
A one-component, self-priming, shelf-stable, neutral-cure, elastomeric adhesive specifically formulated for silicone structural glazing and exhibits excellent unprimed adhesion to most building substrates. This product has superior unprimed adhesion for structural glazing applications for hurricane or impact rated windows and doors. It has a movement capability of +/- 50%.
DOWSIL™ 795 Silicone Building Sealant
A one-part, cold-applied, non-sagging silicone material that cures to a medium modulus silicone rubber upon exposure to atmospheric moisture.
DOWSIL™ 983 Structural Glazing Sealant Base and Curing Agent
Designed for specialized use where dual structural and weatherseal applications are desired for factory glazing and curtainwall production. Once cured, this structural sealant forms a durable, flexible, watertight bond that can be warranted for 20 years and used in ±25% movement weatherseal applications. It has excellent unprimed adhesion to glass, alodine, and anodized aluminum1, although DOWSIL™ Primer-C OS is recommended for fast and consistent adhesion, especially to high-performance substrates approved for architectural structural glazing applications.
DOWSIL™ 791 Weatherproofing Sealant
A one-part, medium-modulus, elastomeric sealant designed for general weathersealing. It is a silicone formulation that cures to a flexible and curable silicone rubber building joint seal.
DOWSIL™ 790 Silicone Building Sealant
A one-part silicone formulation that cures in the presence of atmospheric moisture to produce a durable, fire-resistant, flexible and ultra-low-modulus silicone rubber building joint seal.
- DOWSIL™ Primer-C OS
DOWSIL™ 7091 Adhesive Sealant
High performance, neutral cure silicone adhesive/sealant.
DOWSIL™ 1200 OS Primer
An air drying primer supplied as a dilute solution of moisture reactive materials in volatile siloxane and is used to improve both the quality and speed of adhesion development to room temperature vulcanizing silicone sealants to a variety of common non-porous substrates.
DOWSIL™ 756 SMS Building Sealant
A medium-modulus elastomeric sealant designed for weatherproofing sensitive porous stone and metal panel substrates to reduce residue rundown and substrate staining in new and remedial construction.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.