DOWSIL™ Contractors Weatherproofing Sealant
- Dynamically moving joints such as expansion and control joints
- Concrete panel joints
- Tilt-up panel joints
- Curtainwall joints
- Frame-to-structure and perimeter caulking of windows, doors, panels, EIFS, bedding of mullions, panels and frames, etc.
- Primerless on EIFS and most common nonporous building substrates, including glass and aluminum
- Balanced adhesive strength, medium modulus and high recovery
- Excellent all-weather gunnability and performance
- Extension/compression capability of ±25 to ±40 percent
- Available in 10.3 ounce cartridges, 20 ounce sausages and two gallon pails
- Choose from 20 standard colors, 19 special colors and custom colors, too
- 5 Year Weatherseal Limited Warranty
No-compromise silicone sealing
This versatile, one-part 100% silicone sealant delivers outstanding life-cycle value and lower installed costs at a price that is competitive in the market. Virtually unaffected by ultraviolet (UV) light and weather extremes, DOWSIL™ Contractors Weatherproofing Sealant provides all-weather application and performance.
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- Adhesion to Enamelled and Reflective Glass, Extruded Mill Finish, Fluorocarbon Coated Aluminum, Glass, Granite, Alodine Aluminum, Heat Strengthened Glass, Light-Weight Stone Panels, Low E Coated Glass, Marble, Masonry, Metal, Metal Panels, Paint, Aluminum, Plastic, Polyester Powder Coated Aluminum/Steel, Stone, Steel, Stainless Steel, Vinyl/PVC-U, Wood, Anodized Aluminum, Limestone, Brickwork, Ceramic, Concrete
- Application Temperature Range -29 to 49 °C
- Color White, Grey, Charcoal, Black, Sandstone, Limestone, Bronze, Aluminum, Antique White, Buff, Custom, Light Bronze, Off-White, Precast White, Window Bronze, Geographic Beige, Anodized Aluminum, Redwood Tan, Sandlewood, Mountain Fog, Ivory
- Cure Type Neutral Cure
- Durometer - Shore A 20 to 30 Shore A
- Elongation 550 %
- Movement Capability -40 to 40 %
- Number of Parts One
- Peel Strength 20 to 28 ppi
- Primerless Adhesion Primerless
- Resistance Type Ozone Resistance, Thermal Resistance, UV Resistance, Water Resistance
- Room Temperature Cure - Hours 168 to 336 Hours
- Service Temperature High 121 °C
- Service Temperature Low -40 °C
- Shelf Life 540 Days
- Tack-Free Time-50% RH 360 Minutes
- Tensile Strength 180 psi
- Volatile Organic Content 35 g/liter
Frequently Bought Together
A solventbased silane adhesion promoter for use in construction applications for painted surfaces.
DOWSIL™ 795 Silicone Building Sealant
A one-part, cold-applied, non-sagging silicone material that cures to a medium modulus silicone rubber upon exposure to atmospheric moisture.
DOWSIL™ 791 Weatherproofing Sealant
A one-part, medium-modulus, elastomeric sealant designed for general weathersealing. It is a silicone formulation that cures to a flexible and curable silicone rubber building joint seal.
DOWSIL™ 790 Silicone Building Sealant
A one-part silicone formulation that cures in the presence of atmospheric moisture to produce a durable, fire-resistant, flexible and ultra-low-modulus silicone rubber building joint seal.
DOWSIL™ 983 Structural Glazing Sealant Base and Curing Agent
Designed for specialized use where dual structural and weatherseal applications are desired for factory glazing and curtainwall production. Once cured, this structural sealant forms a durable, flexible, watertight bond that can be warranted for 20 years and used in ±25% movement weatherseal applications. It has excellent unprimed adhesion to glass, alodine, and anodized aluminum1, although DOWSIL™ Primer-C OS is recommended for fast and consistent adhesion, especially to high-performance substrates approved for architectural structural glazing applications.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.