DOWSIL™ FA PEPS Silicone Acrylate
A long lasting film-former designed for color cosmetics applications providing excellent sebum and wear resistance and is formulated in a bio-based carrier allowing cosmetic formulations having a higher naturality content.
Consumers increasingly desire color cosmetics and skin care products with natural ingredients – without sacrificing long-lasting performance. Using advanced silicone technology and a bio-based carrier, Dow has developed a solution with greater natural content – without performance trade-offs. The product even carries a sustainability message in its name: Proven Efficiency. Planet Savvy (PEPS).
DOWSIL™ FA PEPS Silicone Acrylate is a high-performing film former that helps you design long-lasting color cosmetics and skin care products with increased natural content.
- Delivers superior long-lasting wear benefits
- Uses a carrier 100 percent derived from renewable feedstocks, lowering dependence on fossil resources
- Helps meet a natural content of up to 60 percent (ISO 16128 for substances)
- Meets desired performance attributes in color cosmetics
- Superior water and sebum repellency and excellent rub-off resistance translates into long-duration benefits (Figures 1-3)
- High film elasticity delivers a comfortable wear experience (Figure 4)
- Excellent water vapor permeability and a non-occlusive film support high skin tolerance (Figure 5).
Film durability/Rub-off resistance
Water vapor permeability
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- Color Slightly Hazy
- Nonvolatile Content 40 %
- Viscosity 100 mPa.s
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.