DOWSIL™ FA PEPS Silicone Acrylate
A long lasting film-former designed for color cosmetics applications providing excellent sebum and wear resistance and is formulated in a bio-based carrier allowing cosmetic formulations having a higher naturality content.
Consumers increasingly desire color cosmetics and skin care products with natural ingredients – without sacrificing long-lasting performance. Using advanced silicone technology and a bio-based carrier, Dow has developed a solution with greater natural content – without performance trade-offs. The product even carries a sustainability message in its name: Proven Efficiency. Planet Savvy (PEPS).
DOWSIL™ FA PEPS Silicone Acrylate is a high-performing film former that helps you design long-lasting color cosmetics and skin care products with increased natural content.
- Delivers superior long-lasting wear benefits
- Uses a carrier 100 percent derived from renewable feedstocks, lowering dependence on fossil resources
- Helps meet a natural content of up to 60 percent (ISO 16128 for substances)
- Meets desired performance attributes in color cosmetics
- Superior water and sebum repellency and excellent rub-off resistance translates into long-duration benefits (Figures 1-3)
- High film elasticity delivers a comfortable wear experience (Figure 4)
- Excellent water vapor permeability and a non-occlusive film support high skin tolerance (Figure 5).
Film durability/Rub-off resistance
Water vapor permeability
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- Color Slightly Hazy
- Nonvolatile Content 40 %
- Viscosity 100 mPa.s
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.