DOWLEX™ NG 5056.01G Polyethylene Resin
- Food and beverage packaging
- Medical packaging
- Home and personal care packaging
- Outstanding tear strength
- Excellent processability
- Very low gel levels
- Very good seal and hot tack performance
- Good optical properties
- Stiffness/toughness balance
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- 2% Secant Modulus, MD (ASTM D882) in MPa (psi) Yes No 198 (28700) (ISO 527-3)
- 2% Secant Modulus, TD (ASTM D882) in MPa (psi) Yes No 238 (34500) (ISO 527-3)
- Anti-block Yes No true
- Dart Drop Impact (ASTM D1709A) in grams (lbs) Yes No 450 g (ISO 7765-1/A)
- Density (ASTM D792) Yes No 0.921 g/cm3
- Elmendorf Tear Strength, MD (ASTM D1922) in grams (lbs) Yes No 890 g
- Elmendorf Tear Strength, TD (ASTM D1922) in grams (lbs) Yes No 1100 g
- Gloss (45 degree) Yes No 61 %
- Haze (ASTM D1003) Yes No 8.9 %
- Melt Index (g/10min @190°C/21.6 kg) Yes No 1.1
- Slip Yes No true
- Vicat Softening Point in °C(°F) Yes No 104°C (219°F)
DOWLEX™ NG 5056.01G polyethylene is a next generation linear low density polyethylene resin, designed for high quality blown film applications requiring a combination of good optical properties, outstanding tear resistance, excellent sealability and a very good toughness/stiffness balance.
DOWLEX NG 5056.01G is also designed to offer a very low gel level making it ideal for use in lamination films and other specialty packaging. This resin contains slip and antiblocking additives.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.