DOWANOL™ TPM Glycol Ether
A hydrophilic, low odor, high boiling point glycol ether glycol ether with an excellent active solvency and coupling power.
- Coating formulation and application
- Industrial, automotive and architectural coatings
- Wide range of applications
- Extensive combination of physical and performance properties
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- Boiling Point (°C @760mmHg) Yes No 243 °C
- CAS# Yes No 25498-49-1
- Chemical Name Yes No Tripropylene glycol mono methyl ether
- Consumer Products US EPA LVP Exemption Yes No not VOC
- Density (25°C) in lb/gal (g/cc) Yes No 8.03 (0.962)
- EPA Method 24 (ASTM 26886) Yes No VOC
- Evaporation Rate (n-butyl acetate=1.0) Yes No 0.0026
- Flash Point, Closed Cup Yes No 121 °C
- Hansen Solubility Parameter, dD (joules/cm3)1/2 Yes No 15.1
- Hansen Solubility Parameter, dH (joules/cm3)1/2 Yes No 8.7
- Hansen Solubility Parameter, dP (joules/cm3)1/2 Yes No 2.5
- HAPs (Title III Clean Air Act) Yes No false
- Molecular Weight Yes No 206.3 g/mol
- SARA Title III Yes No false
- Solubility in Water (25°C) Yes No infinite wt%
- Solubility Water in (25°C) Yes No infinite wt%
- Specific Gravity (25°C) Yes No 0.965
- Surface Tension Yes No 30 dynes/cm
- Vapor Pressure (mmHg @ 20°C) Yes No 0.01
- Viscosity (25°C) Yes No 5.5 cP
Frequently Bought Together
DOWANOL™ DPM Glycol Ether
Mid-to slow evaporating solvent. Has 100% water solubility and is ideally suited as a coupling agent in a wide range of solvent systems. Has a higher flash point than DOWANOL™ PM glycol ether making it easier to handle, store, and ship. Often incorporated into latex emulsion coatings; can be used to prevent shocking (coagulation of emulsion) when hydrophobic solvents are used. More broadly, its hydrophilic nature makes it an ideal coupling aid in water reducible coatings, and cleaning applications. Used with cleaners because they offer an extensive combination of basic physical and performance properties for cleaning formulations. The intermediate evaporation rate allow it to be used in a potentially wider range of systems than many other solvents.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.