DOWANOL™ EPH Glycol Ether
Aromatic, slow-evaporating glycol ether that has a variety of uses, such as a solvent in printing inks, carrier solvent for textile dyes, coalescent for latex adhesives, and fixative for perfumes. The advantage of this product are favorable environmental profile, superior performance for end use applications, formulations may require less Performance solvent than P or E Series.
- Coating formulation and application
- Industrial, automotive and architectural coatings
- Favorable enviornmental profile, superior performance for end use applications, formulations may require less Performance solvent than P or E Series
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- Boiling Point (°C @760mmHg) 244 °C
- CAS# 122-99-6
- Chemical Name Ethylene glycol phenyl ether
- Consumer Products US EPA LVP Exemption not VOC
- Density (25°C) in lb/gal (g/cc) 9.23 (1.106)
- EPA Method 24 (ASTM 26886) VOC
- Evaporation Rate (n-butyl acetate=1.0) 0.001
- Flash Point, Closed Cup 119 °C
- Freezing Point °F(°C) 48.4 (9.1)
- Hansen Solubility Parameter, dD (joules/cm3)1/2 17.8
- Hansen Solubility Parameter, dH (joules/cm3)1/2 14.3
- Hansen Solubility Parameter, dP (joules/cm3)1/2 5.7
- HAPs (Title III Clean Air Act) true
- Molecular Weight 138.2 g/mol
- SARA Title III true
- Solubility in Water (25°C) 2.5 wt%
- Solubility Water in (25°C) 9 wt%
- Specific Gravity (25°C) 1.109
- Surface Tension 42 dynes/cm
- Vapor Pressure (mmHg @ 20°C) 0.004
- Viscosity (25°C) 21.5 cP
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.