DOWANOL™ DPM Glycol Ether
Mid-to slow evaporating solvent. Has 100% water solubility and is ideally suited as a coupling agent in a wide range of solvent systems. Has a higher flash point than DOWANOL™ PM glycol ether making it easier to handle, store, and ship. Often incorporated into latex emulsion coatings; can be used to prevent shocking (coagulation of emulsion) when hydrophobic solvents are used. More broadly, its hydrophilic nature makes it an ideal coupling aid in water reducible coatings, and cleaning applications. Used with cleaners because they offer an extensive combination of basic physical and performance properties for cleaning formulations. The intermediate evaporation rate allow it to be used in a potentially wider range of systems than many other solvents.
- Coating formulation and application
- Industrial, automotive and architectural coatings
- Wide range of applications
- Extensive combination of physical and performance properties
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- Boiling Point (°C @760mmHg) 190 °C
- CAS# 34590-94-8
- Chemical Name Dipropylene glycol mono methyl ether
- Consumer Products US EPA LVP Exemption VOC
- Density (25°C) in lb/gal (g/cc) 7.91 (0.948)
- EPA Method 24 (ASTM 26886) VOC
- Evaporation Rate (n-butyl acetate=1.0) 0.035
- Flash Point, Closed Cup 75 °C
- Freezing Point °F(°C) 167/751
- Hansen Solubility Parameter, dD (joules/cm3)1/2 15.5
- Hansen Solubility Parameter, dH (joules/cm3)1/2 10.3
- Hansen Solubility Parameter, dP (joules/cm3)1/2 4
- HAPs (Title III Clean Air Act) false
- Molecular Weight 148.2 g/mol
- SARA Title III false
- Solubility in Water (25°C) infinite wt%
- Solubility Water in (25°C) infinite wt%
- Specific Gravity (25°C) 0.951
- Surface Tension 28.8 dynes/cm
- Vapor Pressure (mmHg @ 20°C) 0.28
- Viscosity (25°C) 3.7 cP
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.