CELLOSIZE™ QP-4400H Hydroxyethyl Cellulose
Thickener delivering benefits across a broad range of industries
CELLOSIZE™ QP-4400H, from the CELLOSIZE™ hydroxyethyl cellulose (HEC) collection, is a medium molecular weight cellulosic polymer and can be used as a general purpose thickener in personal care and home care formulations and has broad compatibility.
CELLOSIZE™ QP-4400H is an invaluable ingredient in many commercial paint products while also delivering benefits across many more industries like agriculture, construction, cosmetics, oil, textile, household care, and cosmetics. The polymer is versatile across these diverse industries due to its impressive viscosity range, and ability to thicken, bind, emulsify, suspend and stabilize film-forming agents. CELLOSIZE™ QP 4400H HEC is one of Dow’s most popular general-purpose HEC thickeners.
In household and commercial paint formulations, CELLOSIZE™ HEC offers ease of solution across a wide pH range, while enhancing pigmentation and improving color for long-lasting satisfaction. The nonionic CELLOSIZE™ QP 4400H HEC is useful as a standard thickening application with broad compatibility. The premium polymer delivers a smooth flow and spotless leveling characteristics to provide desirable results after one or several coats of paint, and its solubility in water makes it a key ingredient to many shampoos, body washes, conditioners, hair dyes and skin cleansers.
Application benefits customers can count on
- Provides protective colloid action
- Offers outstanding tolerance for dissolved electrolytes
- Prepares solutions with a wide range of viscosities
- Thickens, suspends and stabilizes film-forming agents
- Nonionic, water-soluble polymers that easily disperse and are retained
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- Molecular Weight 1000000 g/mol
- Particle Distribution 20 mesh < 841 micron (98-100%)
- Viscosity (1%, aqueous solution) 2400 - 3000 cP
- Viscosity (2%, aqueous solution) 4800 - 6000 cP
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.