CARBOWAX™ SENTRY™ Polyethylene Glycol 8000 NF Powder (Inhibited), Macrogol 8000 Ph. Eur.
Solid water soluble polymer with with excellent solvency for substances that do not readily dissolve in water. Also can help increase viscosity of a solution. Recommended for excipient applications, topical creams, lotions, personal care products, solid oral dose (coating or binder) and dental products.
- Pharmaceuticals - excipients
- Pharmaceuticals - actives
- Food contact
- Personal care
- Chemical intermediates
- Proven performance in a variety of excipient formulations
- Some products suitable for API Applications: laxative and lavage
- Compliance with USP/NF and Ph. Eur. monographs
- Solubilize / disperse wide variety of components
- Tune formulation to achieve desired form (solid, liquid with certain viscosities and melt-freeze points)
- Attract and retain moisture—ideal for ointments and lotions
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- % Actives Yes No 100%
- Contains Inhibitor Yes No Yes (100 ppm BHT)
- Form Yes No Solid
- Monograph Compliance Yes No NF, Ph.Eur.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.