CARBOWAX™ SENTRY™ Polyethylene Glycol 6000 NF Flake (Inhibited), Macrogol 6000 Ph. Eur.
Solid water soluble polymer with with excellent solvency for substances that do not readily dissolve in water. Also can help increase viscosity of a solution. Recommended for excipient applications, topical creams, lotions, personal care products, and solid oral dose.
- Pharmaceuticals - excipients
- Pharmaceuticals - actives
- Food contact
- Personal care
- Chemical intermediates
- Proven performance in a variety of excipient formulations
- Some products suitable for API Applications: laxative and lavage
- Compliance with USP/NF and Ph. Eur. monographs
- Solubilize / disperse wide variety of components
- Tune formulation to achieve desired form (solid, liquid with certain viscosities and melt-freeze points)
- Attract and retain moisture—ideal for ointments and lotions
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- % Actives Yes No 100%
- Contains Inhibitor Yes No Yes (100 ppm BHT)
- Form Yes No Flake, Solid
- Melting or Freezing Range Yes No 55 to 61 °C
- Molecular Weight Yes No 5400 to 6600 g/mol
- Monograph Compliance Yes No NF, Ph.Eur.
- Solubility in Water (20°C, % by wt) Yes No 64
- Viscosity (100°C) Yes No 320 cSt
- Viscosity (50% dissolution in water @ 20°C) Yes No 200-270 cP
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.