CARBOWAX™ Polyethylene Glycol 1450 Molten
Polyethylene Glycol that provides enhanced solvency, lubricity, hygroscopicity and other important functional properties in a wide range of formulations.
- Carrier for epoxy adhesives
- Chemical intermediates
- Modifier for water-dispersible alkyd resins in paints and coating applications
- Mold release agent
- Penetrant and protectant in wood stains
- Solvent and flow control in aqueous dispersion thermoset coatings
- Base and carrier in tarnish remover
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- % Actives Yes No 100%
- Contains Inhibitor Yes No Yes (100 ppm BHT)
- Form Yes No Molten, Solid
- Melting or Freezing Range Yes No 42 to 46 °C
- Molecular Weight Yes No 1305 to 1595 g/mol
- Solubility in Water (20°C, % by wt) Yes No 72
- Viscosity (100°C) Yes No 26 cSt
- Viscosity (50% dissolution in water @ 20°C) Yes No NA cP
CARBOWAX™ Polyethylene Glycol 1450 combines solvency, lubricity and hygroscopicity with excellent compatibility with other ingredients. CARBOWAX™ Polyethylene Glycol 1450 is ideal for a range of adhesive, paints and coatings, cleaning and polishing applications.
CARBOWAX™ Polyethylene Glycols (PEGs), a family of water soluble linear polymers, are among the most versatile chemical ingredients available to formulators and manufacturers. They are available in a wide range of viscosities, weights from 200 to 8000 and melting points for optimal formulation flexibility in applications including ceramics, lubricants, soaps and detergents, and toilet bowl cleaners. By choosing a suitable product grade, you can achieve the desired balance of water solubility, hygroscopicity, vapor pressure, melting or freezing range, and viscosity.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.