CARBOWAX™ Polyethylene Glycol 1450 Flake
Polyethylene Glycol that provides enhanced solvency, lubricity, hygroscopicity and other important functional properties in a wide range of formulations.
- Spreading agent and binder in shoe polishes
- Modifier for water-dispersible alkyd resins in paints and coating applications
- Plasticizer for hot melt adhesives
- Humectant for label adhesives
- Antistatic agents
- Ceramic glaze
- Chemical intermediates
- Mold release agent
- Wood treating
- Grinding aid and lubricant for powder processing in ceramics
- Binder and plasticizer for green-body formation in ceramics
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- % Actives Yes No 100%
- Contains Inhibitor Yes No Yes (100 ppm BHT)
- Form Yes No Flake, Solid
- Melting or Freezing Range Yes No 42 to 46 °C
- Molecular Weight Yes No 1305 to 1595 g/mol
- Solubility in Water (20°C, % by wt) Yes No 72
- Viscosity (100°C) Yes No 26 cSt
- Viscosity (50% dissolution in water @ 20°C) Yes No NA cP
Make the smart choice. Pick the product with all the traits you want.
By combining water solubility, nonvolatility, inertness and lubricity, CARBOWAX™ Polyethylene Glycol 1450 Flake addresses all the properties you desire and is flexible to fit a wide range of household needs. It’s plasticizing, binding and modifying properties make CARBOWAX™ Polyethylene Glycol 1450 Flake a versatile solution for shoe polishes, labeling, ceramics and paints and coating applications.
CARBOWAX™ Polyethylene Glycols (PEGs), a family of water soluble linear polymers, are among the most versatile chemical ingredients available to formulators and manufacturers. They are available in a wide range of viscosities, weights from 200 to 8000 and melting points for optimal formulation flexibility in applications including ceramics, lubricants, soaps and detergents, and toilet bowl cleaners. By choosing a suitable product grade, you can achieve the desired balance of water solubility, hygroscopicity, vapor pressure, melting or freezing range, and viscosity.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.