CARBOWAX™ Polyethylene Glycol 1000
Polyethylene Glycol that provides enhanced solvency, lubricity, hygroscopicity and other important functional properties in a wide range of formulations.
- Carrier for epoxy adhesives
- Reactant with isocyanate in urethane adhesives
- Ceramic glaze
- Chemical intermediates
- Modifier for water-dispersible alkyd resins in paints and coating applications
- Mold release agent
- Penetrant and protectant in wood stains
- Solvent and flow control in aqueous dispersion thermoset coatings
- Base and carrier in tarnish remover
- Lubrication and consistency in abrasives
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- % Actives Yes No 100%
- Contains Inhibitor Yes No No (uninhibited)
- Form Yes No Liquid, Semisolid
- Melting or Freezing Range Yes No 35 to 40 °C
- Molecular Weight Yes No 950 to 1050 g/mol
- Solubility in Water (20°C, % by wt) Yes No 80
- Viscosity (100°C) Yes No 17 cSt
- Viscosity (50% dissolution in water @ 20°C) Yes No 22 - 30 cP
Score all the traits and compatibility you desire with one smart choice
Are you looking for enhanced solvency, lubricity and hygroscopicity? Look no further than CARBOWAX™ Polyethylene Glycol 1000. By combining these desirable properties and excellent compatibility with other ingredients, CARBOWAX™ Polyethylene Glycol 1000 is ideal for a range of adhesive, paints and coatings, cleaning and polishing applications.
CARBOWAX™ Polyethylene Glycols (PEGs), a family of water soluble linear polymers, are among the most versatile chemical ingredients available to formulators and manufacturers. They are available in a wide range of viscosities, weights from 200 to 8000 and melting points for optimal formulation flexibility in applications including ceramics, lubricants, soaps and detergents, and toilet bowl cleaners. By choosing a suitable product grade, you can achieve the desired balance of water solubility, hygroscopicity, vapor pressure, melting or freezing range, and viscosity.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.