Solvent used to facilitate penetration into fibers and to promote the production of intense, bright shades; it features a high boiling point and low vapor pressure. Also an important solvent in nongrain-raising wood stains and serves as a component of industrial cleaners. Textile printing and dyeing processes utilize this product to facilitate penetration into fibers and to promote the production of intense, bright shades. These characteristics, as well as its high boiling point and low vapor pressure, make it useful for twist setting and yarn and cloth conditioning. Mineral oil-soap and mineral oilsulfonated oil mixtures require fast-acting mutual solvents. Small quantities of this product in these mixtures form translucent-to clear dispersions, in contrast to the usual turbid dispersion that indicates incomplete solubility.
- Excellent solvency
- Great chemical stability
- Compatible with water and a number of organic solvents
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- Boiling Point (°C @760mmHg) Yes No 202 °C
- CAS# Yes No 111-90-0
- Chemical Name Yes No Diethylene glycol mono ethyl ether
- Consumer Products US EPA LVP Exemption Yes No not VOC
- Density (25°C) in lb/gal (g/cc) Yes No 8.23 (0.986)
- EPA Method 24 (ASTM 26886) Yes No VOC
- Evaporation Rate (n-butyl acetate=1.0) Yes No 0.013
- Flash Point, Closed Cup Yes No 102 °C
- Freezing Point °F(°C) Yes No -65 (-54)
- Hansen Solubility Parameter, dD (joules/cm3)1/2 Yes No 16.1
- Hansen Solubility Parameter, dH (joules/cm3)1/2 Yes No 12.2
- Hansen Solubility Parameter, dP (joules/cm3)1/2 Yes No 9.2
- HAPs (Title III Clean Air Act) Yes No true
- Molecular Weight Yes No 134.2 g/mol
- Solubility in Water (25°C) Yes No infinite wt%
- Solubility Water in (25°C) Yes No infinite wt%
- Specific Gravity (25°C) Yes No 0.989
- Surface Tension Yes No 31.8 dynes/cm
- Vapor Pressure (mmHg @ 20°C) Yes No 0.09
- Viscosity (25°C) Yes No 3.6 cP
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.