Butyl CELLOSOLVE™ Solvent
A fast-evaporating glycol ether with an excellent balance of hydrophilic and hydrophobic character; excellent active solvency and coupling properties. It is a versatile solvent product with balance properties.
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- Boiling Point (°C @760mmHg) Yes No 170.7 °C
- CAS# Yes No 111-76-2
- Chemical Name Yes No Ethylene glycol mono butyl ether
- Consumer Products US EPA LVP Exemption Yes No VOC
- Density (25°C) in lb/gal (g/cc) Yes No 7.49 (0.898)
- EPA Method 24 (ASTM 26886) Yes No VOC
- Evaporation Rate (n-butyl acetate=1.0) Yes No 0.079
- Flash Point, Closed Cup Yes No 65 °C
- Freezing Point °F(°C) Yes No -103 (-75)
- Hansen Solubility Parameter, dD (joules/cm3)1/2 Yes No 16
- Hansen Solubility Parameter, dH (joules/cm3)1/2 Yes No 12.3
- Hansen Solubility Parameter, dP (joules/cm3)1/2 Yes No 7.6
- HAPs (Title III Clean Air Act) Yes No false
- Molecular Weight Yes No 118.2 g/mol
- SARA Title III Yes No true
- Solubility in Water (25°C) Yes No infinite wt%
- Solubility Water in (25°C) Yes No infinite wt%
- Specific Gravity (25°C) Yes No 0.901
- Surface Tension Yes No 27.4 dynes/cm
- Vapor Pressure (mmHg @ 20°C) Yes No 0.66
- Viscosity (25°C) Yes No 2.9 cP
Frequently Bought Together
FOR LAUNDRY is a fully neutralized, liquid detergent polymer for a variety of laundry applications, providing excellent performance properties such as the inhibition of crystal growth and the dispersion of precipitates. FOR WAREWASH is a fully neutralized, liquid detergent polymer for industrial machine dishwash applications, providing excellent performance properties such as the inhibition of crystal growth and the dispersion of precipitates.
ACUMER™ 1000 Polymer
Scale inhibitor and dispersant for carbonates, sulfates and sparingly soluble salts. Particularly suitable for incorporation in acidic formulations. BGVV, EU food contact and FDA clearances apply. NSF-60 for potable water.
Acrylic acid based Polymer is a low pH, highly effective dispersant for I&I laundry & warewash formulations
A very good dispersant for inorganic and organic soils in warewash, I&I laundry applications
A sequester of Fe/Mn/Cu designed to improve pulp bleachability, control bleach degradation, reduce brightness reversion (TCF Process). It is an aqueous solution of the trisodium salt of N-(hydroxyethyl) ethylenediaminetriacetic acid. It has some unique properties that make it worth considering for use: (1) to control iron at pH 8-10; and (2) under more acidic conditions (i.e., low pH) where other chelants are less soluble. INCI Name: Trisodium N-(hydroxyethyl)-ethylenediaminetriacetate.
An excellent dispersant and encrustation inhibitor, especially for Calcium Carbonate.
The strongest, most versatile, and widely used chelant for controlling metal ions over a broad pH range in aqueous systems, it will not chelate monovalent metal ions such as sodium or potassium, but will chelate most multivalent metal ions. Scale dissolver for cooling tower cleaning.
Provides anti-redeposition of solids optimially in 12-20% surfactant containing liquid detergents
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.