AXELERON™ CC B-3487 NT Telecom Cable Compound
An HDPE cellular compound designed for use in foam and skin data cable and other cellular insulation applications.
- Copper cellular insulation
- Network and data cables
- Superior electricals
- Excellent processing
- Outstanding mechanical properties
- Stabilized for high temperature resistance
- Grease-filled applications
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- Dielectric Constant Yes No 2.34
- Dissipation Factor Yes No 3.0E-4
- Elongation Yes No 700 %
- Material Type Yes No HDPE
- Tensile Strength in MPa (psi) Yes No 22.1 (3200), 22.1 (3200) Not at Yield
- Volume Resistivity Yes No > 1.0E+15 ohms-cm
AXELERON™ CC B-3487 NT CPD incorporates a chemical blowing agent that provides up to 50% cellular expansion through temperature-controlled extrusion. AXELERON™ CC B-3487 NT CPD features a unique antioxidant system that provides superior long-term insulation aging performance in grease-filled cable applications.
The compound is recommended for hot climate applications and, using sound commercial extrusion practices, should meet the stringent insulation age testing requirements of the Telcordia GR 421 CORE and the ICEA S-84-608 specifications.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.